Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Natural remedies for conjunctivitus

(7 Posts)
TracyK Sat 21-May-05 19:34:25

Red gunky eyes in 14 mo ds. Anything natural - no longer b/f so can't use the milk!

Mum2girls Sat 21-May-05 19:35:32

bugger - that's what I was going to suggest...

mancmum Sat 21-May-05 19:36:25

my child minder used cold black tea... just use it on cotton wool to wash eye... bizarrely enough, it worked for DS!!

spykid Sat 21-May-05 19:37:02

Cooled boiled water to clean eyes on cotton wool. Should eventually clear itself if VERY hygenic, but will take longer than with drops

TracyK Sat 21-May-05 19:38:01

ooh I'll try the black tea - if not he'll have to wait till monday night ill I get the drops - or can I get them over the counter?

Distracted Sat 21-May-05 19:49:59

There are some drops you can buy over the counter, I did last time ds had conjunctivitis, but they're not the same as the ones that would be prescribed (certainly not antibiotic).

meysey Sun 22-May-05 19:52:21

we had conjunctivitis that turned into cellulitis and a horrible hospital stay, so when it returned we waged a full out war against it with natural remedies.

these included euphrasia homeopathy and euphrasia tincture diluted for eye drops (get advice), also very diluted lemon juice, 1 drop to 10 drops cooled boiled water as eye drops.

if it is mild, try chamomile tea (cooled) as a first line of defence

it worked!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now