Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Horrible sore throat and general yuckiness

(4 Posts)
paranoidpiggy Wed 22-Jul-09 17:00:25

That is how I feel I have such a sore throat, I don't have any tonsils but I've just taken a look in the mirror and the back of my throat is red and lumpy shock, not the white lumps I am used to with tonsillitus. I feel rubbish and am struggling to see how I am going to manage the two hours until dcs bedtime. Limbs feel very heavy, head feels like I want to lie down to get it back on the right way. What could be wrong? Has the dread piggy flu come to my house?

LynetteScavo Wed 22-Jul-09 17:08:49

I would say so!

paranoidpiggy Wed 22-Jul-09 17:16:59

Oh bugger. SO what do I do? Have been keeping my head in the sand about it all really and not paying much attention/. Is there any poin tin getting tamiflu? Or will this just run it's course? DO I assume the dc will get it too? I'm bfing ds, will this give him some protection?

Bellbird Wed 22-Jul-09 17:34:45

Best to get the Tamiflu - it's working for us. DD was delirious with a fever on Tuesday - it was quite scary, so glad that's over now. (If ds is under five or has asthma he'll be given some too.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now