Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Mild Stroke ..what next?

(6 Posts)
Mosschops30 Sat 21-May-05 18:14:20

Message withdrawn

noddyholder Sat 21-May-05 18:26:56

A mild stroke can be just that or it can signal another to follow I thought they would admit him no matter where in the country Could he get back?

Louise1980 Sat 21-May-05 18:29:14

Not always they arent. My friend had 3 mild strokes last year but luckly has never had another. She was only 37 but smoked and drank heavily. In my opinion she was a prime candidate to have further ones.

You are right to be worried though. The thought of being ill away from home is frightening. Are they intending to come home soon?

I hope all goes ok when he gets back. Then he can get to the bottom of it and get some medecation if necessary.

swedishmum Sat 21-May-05 19:16:10

My fil had a mild stroke about a year ago. He still has his blood pressure monitored and gets tired so has an afternoon nap but is otherwise pretty fine now. He wasn't admitted to hospital but had a private scan shortly afterwards - nhs didn't seem to think it was a priority.
I hope your dad's fine - just make sure he rests as much as he needs to. If she's anything like my mil your mum will also find it hard - she'd worry so much that he'd be ill in his sleep she hardly slept herself.

suedonim Sat 21-May-05 19:18:11

My mil had a mild stroke last year. She has recovered fully with no repeat thus far. But at 85, who knows what the future hold for her?

If I were your parents I'd come home asap and go to A&E and take it from there. My mil was given a scan but it took the hospital days to organise and weeks to send the results.

yoyo Sat 21-May-05 19:57:00

My gran had a series of mild strokes when I was at University so at least 15 years ago and she is still doing well. Loads of other ailments but she will be 80 in September so not surprising really. Think she has had one very mild stroke in that time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now