Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

(is there really no fitness topic? i can't see one) RUNNERS! come and talk to me about moving up to a half-marathon

(2 Posts)
TutTutter Wed 22-Jul-09 11:31:10

have been running since march (have dsses aged 4 and 2 - prior to march had done half-hearted running)

am running on average 3x a week. total maybe 25-28k

longest run so far 13k

have done one 10k race (49:42) and signed up for a couple more

am starting to think about signing up to a half-marathon but am hesitant. local one is in october, so a good time wrt a bit more training, but it' quite hilly

so - would it be quite an easy move to go from where i am now (a couple of 10ks a week plus an occasional slightly-longer one) to 21k?

19fran76 Wed 22-Jul-09 14:53:38

There is a running thread under sport & exercise come & join us. Sounds like you're doing great, I would be very happy to get that 10k time. Personally, I'm looking to do my first 10k race in Sept & should that result be respectable look to move towards a half marathon target myself. There are plenty of more experienced runners who can probably give you some good, measured advice however. I would link to the thread but I'm a techno idiotblush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now