Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

COFFEE MAKES ME EXHAUSTED - AM I GOING NUTS?????

(6 Posts)
SalVolatile Tue 21-Jul-09 22:13:59

I luuuurve my coffee (3 nespresso per day on average) and didn't think I was drinking too much, but have been feeling permanently exhausted and I also have palpitations a lot of the time, especially at night (although coffee intake is always before lunch). I just wondered, has anyone else experienced severe tiredness as a reaction to caffeine addiction? I have had thyroid checked btw and it was fine.

Flibbertyjibbet Tue 21-Jul-09 22:21:50

I cut out coffee some months ago. It was hell for the first few days, headaches, mood swings worse than the worst pmt, feeling nauseous etc etc.

After day 4 I felt better, my skin looks lovely, I am sleeping better and would not go back.

I always felt grotty after a cup of strong coffee and had wondered for some time if it didn't agree with me and now I'm convinced.

When I was drinking too much I would feel knackered and headachey late afternoon. now I am still a bit knackered (cos I have 2 dcs!) but its a better kind of knackered that is cured by the better quality sleep I get these days.

Sack the coffee - don't even go the decaff route, you won't regret it!

SalVolatile Tue 21-Jul-09 22:29:17

Am trying to decide if Life will be worth Living... grin

SalVolatile Wed 22-Jul-09 22:54:26

Bump?????

SimplyIsATalentedBuzzard Wed 22-Jul-09 22:59:58

Oh, heck. I wish I hadn't seen this thread now! I've found, especially recently, that if I have a meal and a coffee I feel tired and I can go to sleep really easily quite soon afterwards, no matter what time of day. I usually only have a couple of cups a day and never after about 4pm. I think I'll cut it out for the school hols (easy dates to remember) and I'll see if it helps.

Now, what do I replace my coffee habit with? smile

thereistheball Mon 27-Jul-09 17:37:05

Water! Strong coffee either makes me feel completely exhausted or like I've taken cocaine - shaky, wired and feverish. I can just about manage a small caffeinated latte, and very occasionally have one, but most of the time I stick to tea (delicious! 3 a day at the most) or water, which actually does give me the energy I used to want from caffeine. If I need something hot that isn't tea - herbal tea or rooibos are both great. Anyway coffee is bad and stopping it nowhere near as nasty as I thought it would be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now