Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

spatone

(12 Posts)
Iworryalot Tue 21-Jul-09 16:59:34

Hi has anyone used spatone and got good rsults for raising iron ..the natural way ...
it reads every dose is 5mg of pure iron is that going to make a difference ?
im not PG but feritin levels 16 , within normal range but would like to give myself a boost anyway ..as not so good on eating my 5 aday always ..

alicecrail Tue 21-Jul-09 17:27:45

I take it everyday and it is amazing. If i stop for more than a week i start to get ill.

Iworryalot Tue 21-Jul-09 17:44:27

oh ok , what do you get tired ?
how long till you notice change ?

thanks for reply

alicecrail Tue 21-Jul-09 17:49:27

I have absolutely no energy and i get depressed. I notice a difference within a couple of days, it really is good.

Iworryalot Tue 21-Jul-09 18:03:13

oh thats good .... iv started taking it this week

alicecrail Tue 21-Jul-09 18:13:13

I started taking it when i was pregnant because of an accident that left me very anemic, and obviously pg is a drain on everything. I can't take iron pills because they make me sick, so it was either find another way or end up having a transfusion. Luckily the spatone worked and i still take it most every day and it seems to keep me ticking along.

Iworryalot Tue 21-Jul-09 18:20:09

thats good , do you have your levels checked .

i had mine done because last year i was giddy , tired etc and levels were low put me on iron pills that upset my tummy , felt like that again a bit , but i do suffer with anxiety so this to can make you tired etc ..i also have heavy periods ...
I heard about this so thought id give it ago .

JRocks Tue 21-Jul-09 18:25:35

I'm on it at the moment as pg with low iron levels - the tablets upset my stomach too, especially as the GP prescribed too high a dose hmm

It seems to be doing the trick so far smile

alicecrail Tue 21-Jul-09 18:26:51

I did keep going back and once i knew they were going the right way i stopped. Now i know if i'm low, what the cause is.

I also suffer with anxiety and heavy periods and i am sure that it is all linked somehow. When i am feeling healthy, i hardly get anxious or depressed and i don't get such bad pmt.

loujay Tue 21-Jul-09 18:30:11

I take it for the week of my period and feel better within 24 hours.
Great stuff IMO

Iworryalot Tue 21-Jul-09 18:31:28

yep im the same , anx does make you tired etc

i will go back and see if has helped in matbe a month or so ,

Iworryalot Wed 22-Jul-09 15:52:23

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now