Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What's up with my face?

(12 Posts)
babyphat Tue 21-Jul-09 10:51:05

i have mostly fairly clear skin after bad skin in my teens and early 20s, but lately my skin seems to be flaring up, but it doesn't seem like normal acne - i have bumpy patches and the spots are more like little blisters and they itch and weep. any clues? or ideas to fix it? i was wondering if it might be an allergy to a product or to the sun? anyone else had this?

princessmel Tue 21-Jul-09 10:53:41

Sounds a bit like Impetigo(sp)....?

OrmIrian Tue 21-Jul-09 10:56:46

I have something similar on my chin and just under the right side of my nose. Quite sore. I treated it with witchhazel and stopped putting moisturiser on that bit and it dried out - but came back again about a week later. Tis horrible sad

princessmel Tue 21-Jul-09 10:58:58

kidshealth.org/parent/infections/skin/impetigo.html

OrmIrian Tue 21-Jul-09 11:05:26

Gaghhh! Where the hell would that have come from though? My DC have never had it.

OrmIrian Tue 21-Jul-09 11:05:26

Gaghhh! Where the hell would that have come from though? My DC have never had it.

princessmel Tue 21-Jul-09 11:11:02

It's supposed to be very catching!

And once you get it, you're meant to be susseptable(sp) to getting it again.

Do you think this is what you have?

OrmIrian Tue 21-Jul-09 11:13:37

It does look similar. But not as bad as that photo.

Thanks princess. I think grin

princessmel Tue 21-Jul-09 11:16:12

grin
sorry!

Maybe go the chemist and see if the pharmasist thinks it's this.

babyphat Tue 21-Jul-09 11:59:41

oh dear, that looks grim, maybe i will pluck up the courage to ask the pharmacist. thanks!

babyphat Tue 21-Jul-09 15:49:53

i looked up some pics and don't think it's impetigo thank goodness. my brain was a bit fried when i first posted but have since remembered, i had the exact same thing last year, it was from the sun - makes sense as i have been out much more than usual as on mat leave rather than in an office all day. i am v pale and burn easily too, oh well, at least i won't forget sunscreen for the rest of the summer!

here is a link - polymorphic light eruption

princessmel Wed 22-Jul-09 09:20:56

Gald you've sorted it , looks sore though, take care.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now