Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Infected cheek after injection at dentist?? (Correct answer is No)

(9 Posts)
HolyScrotum Mon 20-Jul-09 14:21:29

Had root canal treatment on friday.

I think it's the site of injection rather than the tooth area that's the problem but cant see the area too well.

Cheek is swollen, metally tasting inside and the gum around the tooth is really painful when brushing.

From what I can see theres a red lump on the inside of the cheek and possibly, though hard to see because of the swelling, a whiteish line running from the lump .

I'm thinking its infected but know bugger all about it really.

Please can someone say its not infected cos I cant leave the house unless I'm absolutely dying - toilet training. (DS, not me)

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 20-Jul-09 14:22:20

Its the tooth.

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 20-Jul-09 14:23:10

And phone your dentist if you have concerns as all you will get on here is incomplete information about this. If they did the work they will want to know what is going on.

HolyScrotum Mon 20-Jul-09 14:25:31

Gosh you're very no nonsense!

The tooth really feels fine. <dither>

MovingOutOfBlighty Mon 20-Jul-09 14:28:01

Sorry, don't mean to be no nonsense! But having worked around teeth for a while I know that the best thing is just to speak or see the person who did the work. Just don't leave it if you are concerned.

And don't worry if your LO pees on their floor, there is lots on disinfectant there!

differentnameforthis Mon 20-Jul-09 14:37:34

Sounds like a sinus created by your body to drain the infected material from the tooth.

Bacause the tooth is sealed, it has nowhere else to go, so will create it's own 'exit'.

differentnameforthis Mon 20-Jul-09 14:39:17

Sorry, posted too soon...

I wouls recc you at least phone your dentist for advice, if it is a sinus & there is still infected material you may need ABs.

The drainage is a good thing tho, you would be in a world of pain if it wasn't there!

HolyScrotum Mon 20-Jul-09 16:22:59

Yes, just saw the sinus thingy when I googled.
Thank you both v. much!
You will be pleased to hear that I am following your advice on ringing the dentist... in a couple of days if the salt washes havent cured me by then grin
Patients, dontcha just love em!

differentnameforthis Tue 21-Jul-09 04:37:11

No worries, HS. Hope things are better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now