Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

What is this?

(33 Posts)
FabBakerGirlIsBack Mon 20-Jul-09 12:16:21

Original thread

In the last 3 weeks I have had one morning where I woke up not in pain.

I have rules out it being my bed as it happened when Dh and I went away for two nights too.

I get pains in the day now too and I can feel the pains and aches in my bones.

It eases off throughout in the day in my torso but in my arms, hands and legs I can get unexpected twinges.

I have arthritis and osteoporosis in my head.

DH said I had to go to the GP but what can they do really?

sleepsforwimps Tue 21-Jul-09 08:03:34

They can give you a medical examination/consultation which I can't. Your DH is right, you really must go to the doctor about this.

Hassled Tue 21-Jul-09 08:05:45

They can at least tell you what it is . You do need to go.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Tue 21-Jul-09 21:16:07

I can't face it right now tbh.

Just feel like I am falling apart physically and emotionally.

slightlycrumpled Tue 21-Jul-09 21:50:53

FBG you poor thing. It sounds dreadful and you sound exhausted.

The thing is though that your emotional well being will also be affected by your tiredness no? Can someone accompany you to the GP for some moral support if you feel it is too much to go alone.

Tbh it sounds a little like a trapped nerve which is very, very painful.

sleepsforwimps Tue 21-Jul-09 22:47:49

I agree with slightlycrumpled can you ask someone to go with you, your Mum? your DH? a close friend? In the past i've been in that horrible place you're in where you feel you're falling apart physically and emotionally, and moral support really does help. Please be good to yourself and get yourself checked out, sounds like at some point you will have to go, so if you go now you'll get it over and done with quicker and it'll be one less thing to worry about.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 08:19:10

No mum, no friend, dh busy at work.

Not too much pain this morning but my head is a mess and I am just sat here crying and fighting the urge to sob might heart out and run away.

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 08:22:41

Do you want to talk about what's making you feel this way? Here to listen if you do. smile

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 08:25:48

I can't

I would cry so much

thank you though

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 08:31:40

Tell you what, how about booking yourself in for an aromatherapy massage? It might help release a nerve if that is what's causing the pain, it'll help you relax and it's nice to be pampered, I think you need that. Go on, treat yourself.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 08:35:12

Where would I go for that please?

I think I would embarrass myself by crying. blush

missingtheaction Wed 22-Jul-09 08:42:54

why can't you just go to the GP? or a physiotherapist? they will be delighted to help you and probably see several crying patients per day

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 08:53:35

You can search for an Aromatherapist through this site. My mum is an Aromatherapist/Reflexologist and I can guarantee you she has people cry to her all the time, their job is to treat mind, body and spirit so absolutely no need to feel embarrassed if you did cry.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 08:56:40

I am wondering if the body pain is there because my heart is breaking and I am just so worn down by it all.

Elibean Wed 22-Jul-09 09:06:27

Very possible <sends big fat hugs> as broken hearts, depression, emotional pain generally can easily manifest in physical pain. dh (three years after his brother died, when he couldn't push the pain away any longer) had terrible pains and physical symptoms, till he got the right 'diagnosis' and help.

Maybe crying a lot is exactly what your body needs? Whether its to cyber-ears or RL ones, or, preferably, both?

I always get body pain when I have emotional pain, its our psyche's very clever way of getting our attetion, I think...

OurLadyOfPerpetualSupper Wed 22-Jul-09 09:08:38

Back pain can be synonymous with depression - but that doesn't mean it isn't real.
Your muscles might simply have been mis-used over a period of time without you realizing it, and they've finally started protesting.

Your GP will give you a quick exam to determine whether it's a joint or muscular problem, then may refer you for physio - afair the entitlement is 10 sessions on the NHS.

I'd change surgeries if poss though - couldn't be arsed with the Spanish Inquisition every time I needed an appointment.

But in the meantime, you need to develop a sense of entitlement - you're a relatively young woman with a long life ahead and little childen depending on you.
You shouldn't be starting each day with pain of any kind, and their role is to fix you up so that you can carry out your function to the level your DCs deserve.
Keep this in your head when you pick up the phone.

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 09:12:40

Stress can do funny things to the body, hits weak spots, makes you hold yourself differently and pain can radiate, so where you are feeling some pain may not be where the problem actually is. I really think seeing a complementary therapist would be a good idea for you. But it is complementary, if the pain continues you do still need to see a doctor. I don't know what's making your heart break but time is a great healer, things will get better.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 09:15:43

on phone to doctors

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 09:19:36

triage nurse ringing me back

no appts until aug 6th to see the gp i wanted too

i think they only agreed as i was crying down the phone blush

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 09:21:23

and the blinking email won't work and i need to email hubby

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 09:23:00

I'm really glad you phoned, the crying shows how much you do need to see a doctor. Hope you get an appointment soon.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 09:31:10

What if they just say it is psychological though? Or think it but don't say it?

I want my DH but he can't help me.

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 09:39:03

I have suffered a back problem for 10 years, so have alot of experience of pain, stress and trips to doctors/hospitals.. First step for you is to see a doctor, see what he says, then take it from there. Stress can make pain alot worse believe me, that's why I think you need to do something that will also help you try and relax.

Why can't your DH help you?

FabBakerGirlIsBack Wed 22-Jul-09 09:44:33

Because I don't want to talk to him about my emotions. He is rally busy at work and I can't explain it myself.

sleepsforwimps Wed 22-Jul-09 10:00:40

But maybe if you could open up to him, he might be able to help.

I wish I could suggest something that would make you feel better, but not knowing what is making you feel so low I don't know where to start.

When your DH gets home do tell him how wobbly you've felt today and ask him for big hug. A good hug from someone you love is always a good medicine for the heart.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: