Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

washable sanitary pads - recommendations please

(14 Posts)
fruitful Fri 20-May-05 18:22:06

I've tried the mooncup, didn't like it; prefer pads. So - what's best? Something for mostly very light flow. Slim, fleece-topped and cheap would be good. Any suggestions?

Tissy Fri 20-May-05 18:25:31

I've got ella's house panty liners- can't remember what they're called. You can get them in fleece or flannel, with hemp inside. They are great and very comfy

WigWamBam Fri 20-May-05 18:27:38

These are fab, and Christine who runs Plush Pants is really helpful. I've been using them for several months now, they wash beautifully, and are really comfortable.

happymerryberries Fri 20-May-05 18:50:27

God bless you all for being so good to the environment, but I just couldn't......sorry!

WigWamBam Fri 20-May-05 18:54:31

It's not as bad as you think though, and they're far more comfortable than disposables.

happymerryberries Fri 20-May-05 19:04:02

It is funny but I remember my mother telling me how hard her mother worked to make sure that they had new rags each month so that they didn't have to wash them, they just burned them. Odd how things go in cycles isn't it?

And grand ma worked as a lavotory cleaner, so she wasn't exactly 'prissy' about things IYSWIM!

LGJ Fri 20-May-05 19:04:54

HMB

Spray. at your first comment

fruitful Fri 20-May-05 19:16:15

More being good to my purse really - I'm washing nappies anyway so what's another bucket?

Are the Ella's house panty liners any good for light flow? Disposable panty liners tend to be only good for practically non-existent flow days.

Hermione1 Fri 20-May-05 19:17:46

washable ones?? yuck!!!

flamesparrow Fri 20-May-05 19:23:39

One day I'l gather enough pennies for a job lot - at the moment I can only afford one or two a month, which won't be much use!!!

Hermione1 Fri 20-May-05 19:24:31

i didn'e even know you could get washable ones, are they any good???

fruitful Fri 20-May-05 19:31:51

HMB - my Mum complains that they had to get up early in the morning to burn the rags before any of the men were up! My DH will just studiously ignore the nappy bucket in the bathroom...

dabihp Fri 20-May-05 19:41:35

argh....

happymerryberries Fri 20-May-05 19:59:11

Fruitful, my mother used to get me to go to the pharmacists to buy disposable sanitary towels in the week because you were less likely to see a man in the shop then than you were on the weekend!

Dh, bless his heart will buy my tampons for me!

Glad things have changed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now