Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Urgent advice needed - would I put newborns at risk

(8 Posts)
makedoandmend Mon 20-Jul-09 08:57:44

Been incubating something over the weekend - so as a precaution I didn't meet up with the NCT babies.

However, I think I've just got a cold- I've got headache, sore throat, sporadic cough and can feel my nose gradually getting mucousy (nice!) but a temp of 37.5 and feel generally coldy (a few aches and pains). I also took myself off to bed yesterday and felt brighter after which, to me, says cold. There is swine flu at dh's work however.

I have my monthly HV weigh check up this morning - should I go (my lo had weight issues before and is small so I like to keep an eye on her at least every month). Or should I postpone just in case because there will be a lot of newborns there?

Bit stuck as to what to do

makedoandmend Mon 20-Jul-09 08:59:13

My dd is 8m if that helps and is still only 14lbs - hence the very active interest in her weight!

Picante Mon 20-Jul-09 08:59:18

I wouldn't go. It can wait.

seeker Mon 20-Jul-09 08:59:35

I would leave it. it won't hurt your lo to miss a monthly weigh in!

LIZS Mon 20-Jul-09 09:00:04

Go another time , a week won't make much odds and lots of people will miss the odd appointment due to hoidays and sickness.

paranoidpatsy Mon 20-Jul-09 09:01:45

I wouldn't go - another week won't make much difference to you, and you'd feel awful if it did turn out to be swine flu...

MissisBoot Mon 20-Jul-09 09:02:15

can you give your hv a call - they'll probably advise you to stay away?

you're probably past the infectious stage by now but wouldn't be putting babies any more at risk then if you were in a supermarket etc.

how necessary is it that your lo is weighed this week? could you go next week instead?

makedoandmend Mon 20-Jul-09 09:11:46

Thanks all - I've sort of come to that conclusion myself - I would just feel terrible if I'd caused anyone else to be ill - particularly a child.

The weigh-ins have only become a bit of a focus because she was losing weight and it's just so nice to see her putting on something. I'll leave it for a week.

Thanks to everyone grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now