Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mea or hysterectomy

(10 Posts)
msmac Sun 19-Jul-09 21:01:11

hospital has given me the option - has anyone got experience of either ... thanks x

mummylin2495 Sun 19-Jul-09 21:18:06

i have had a hysterectomy but dont know what mea is ?

msmac Sun 19-Jul-09 21:22:39

hi

its called microwave endemetriol ablation... basically zapping your womb lining

mummylin2495 Sun 19-Jul-09 22:14:16

if that is a less invasive proceedure and its likely to solve your problems i would say go with that.Although i have to say i had no problems with having a hysterctomy but its a major operation

evenmoremiserablethanbefore Thu 23-Jul-09 18:53:59

Hi
I have heard you can have a hysterectomy via keyhole??!! is this true?
do they cut the womb away from your tubes then pull it through the vagina? surely they dont pull it through the stomach?
please dont laugh ,its only what I,ve heard
I ask because I am at the end of my tether with my periods...
had all the tests...no cancer {thank god} endo,fibroids...nothing apart from a few adhesions,I,m not producing progesterone which is causing 3 week periods.HG of 10 ,but it has been 8
I have had the mirena coil fitted - twice....both fell out and now I am back to square one and so very, very depressed and weak....anaemic again and completely pissed off.....shouting at the kids all the time....poor things...its not their fault
had this going on for several years now...
dont want to try the ablation just want rid of my womb....its done its job,now I HATE IT!!!
got 3 lovely kids but dont want anymore
I,m 37 and cannot have hormones coz of high blood pressure......
I have changed my doctor and want to ask my new one for a hysterectomy even though I,m shit scared.....I cannot live like this anymore!! permenantly sat on the loo
should have bought shares in 'ALWAYS' towels.
any advice and /or encouragement please?

cocolepew Thu 23-Jul-09 19:01:55

If it's for heavy periods go with the abalation, it really depends on your symptons. Can you tell us more info?

evenmoremiserablethanbefore Thu 23-Jul-09 19:18:53

very heavy bleeding with large clots,soaking at least 10 towels a day.sometimes period lasts 3 weeks with 1st week just hell...
cannot leave the house for fear of flooding
havent got one decent pair of knickers left!!
severe tiredness...cannot get up early....wandering round the house feeling sorry for myself and yawning constantly even after 10 hours sleep....
I also think I,m starting with the perimenopause.No sex drive whatsoever,very sore breasts,hot all the time,moody,irritable and depressed.
But,I,m sure if I could just stop the heavy bleeding,it would make a hell of a difference

cocolepew Thu 23-Jul-09 19:24:04

I had ablation,last August, it has changed my life. I had a pelvic repair at the same time.

I had vv heavy periods, especially very clotty (is that a word hmm),, the tiredness is from losing so much blood and becoming anemic (sp). I was perimenopausal when I had it one and I think the symptons have lessened since my op hmm.

It's an easier op to get over, but there's still no lifting for a few weeks. It was a day proceedure, but some hospitals keep you in overnight.

Good luck with whatever you decide smile

evenmoremiserablethanbefore Thu 23-Jul-09 19:27:27

thank you...I think I,ll ask my doc for the ablation...just hope I can have the Novasure because it can be done under local
I am sooo scare of GA but cannot live with these periods any longer

cocolepew Thu 23-Jul-09 19:33:12

I couldn't go on the way I was, really go and see your Dr, the difference is remarkable. I had very light spotting for a few periods but don't bleed at all now. Still get PMT though sad grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now