Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

mid-cycle bleeding. should i be worried?

(13 Posts)
amidaiwish Sun 19-Jul-09 20:27:44

have had vaginal bleeding today, not very heavy, but not just spotting. used a tampon, but not soaked through.

am about mid-cycle, maybe just after
no abdominal pain
def not pg (haven't had sex for a couple of weeks at least)
not on pill/coil etc.

should i be worried, cos i am.

fishie Sun 19-Jul-09 20:31:00

how old are you? i started getting this at ovulation aged about 30. do get it checked out though, you won't find anything reassuring on google.

FabBakerGirlIsBack Sun 19-Jul-09 20:31:58

Mid cycle always needs checking so go to your GP asap.

nigglewiggle Sun 19-Jul-09 20:32:16

I've had this and GP said, could just be fluctuating hormones when you ovulate. I also had very heavy periods, so was referred for scans and gynae appt. Upshot was that I have something called endomyosis. Nothing to worry about. GP wanted to check for fibroids, polyps etc - also nothing to worry about.

Speak to your GP, but don't panic at this stage - lots of possible explanations.

amidaiwish Sun 19-Jul-09 20:35:40

thanks, i am mid cycle, and did have tender boobs the other day. ovulating probably... never had it before, usually know to the day when period is coming. have been getting more PMT symptoms in the last 6 months, much much more tender boobs etc, never had that pre-kids.

amidaiwish Sun 19-Jul-09 20:36:13

am 36 btw

nigglewiggle Sun 19-Jul-09 20:39:07

Me too! My GP took it seriously, but didn't make me panic.

ApplesinmyPocket Sun 19-Jul-09 20:39:40

After about 30 I used to get a mid-cycle bleed every month as you describe (until I got to the menopause, in fact.) It did worry me at first but GP wasn't concerned and so I definitely wouldn't worry as it is common and most likely completely normal, but I would mention it to your GP - just so you get that peace of mind.

amidaiwish Sun 19-Jul-09 20:52:21

so is this me on the run-up to the menopause then?

am now imagining back-ache/tummy ache after doing a symptoms checker on nhs direct. hypochondria...

fishie Mon 20-Jul-09 08:29:03

that's what i meant about not finding anything reassuring on google. don't look! go to gp, get mind put at rest and they must be dying to see someone who isn't going on about sf.

paranoidpatsy Mon 20-Jul-09 08:41:27

The other option is cervial erosion (sounds foul I know, but benign and apparently easy to treat) - defn worth checking out with GP though - mine suggested a just-in-case cervical smear, for example.

amidaiwish Mon 20-Jul-09 14:42:16

i have booked a GP appt but nothing til weds...
had a smear test earlier this year so hopefully nothing that they wouldn't have picked up then!
heavier bleeding today, with some tummy ache, seems like a normal period, strange after 2 weeks.

walkingmum Mon 03-Aug-09 17:02:58

Hi, am a newbie to mumsnet!
amidaiwish, i have had the same thing this week, also mid cycle, also for the first time. Am ttc; seeing GP this week. Just wondered how you got on? Am also worried.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now