Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

know i shouuld get a test

(6 Posts)
FairLadyRantALot Sun 19-Jul-09 00:08:50

but....not the right time...so..have achy joints a lot and especially much used joints hurt, but it is not just my kness/ankles and wrists, it is also my feet and gands.,..all the joints can hurt at times....am also feeling tired and low a lot of the toimes...am wondering about rheumatoid arthritis...which tests should I ask for, and am i just paranoid...

mrsmerryweather Sun 19-Jul-09 11:40:28

Have you see n your dr at all? They will advise which tests you need- referrral to a neurologist firstly.

Think on it this way- it might not be what you think and if it was, then the sooner you get treatment the better. See your GP!

FairLadyRantALot Sun 19-Jul-09 17:31:09

I haven't seen a Dr. yet, but am going to make an appointment when we are back from holiday... and you are right, the earlier you get treeatment the better the prognosis...but I am on the otehr hand kinda scared of finding out....as I know what it can do to you and your life...sigh....but, I know the hand in the sand attitude is not really a good one...

Owls Sun 19-Jul-09 17:34:32

Could also be underactive thyroid. I thought I was going to be diagnosed Rheumatoid arthritis when I had symptoms like you've described plus others. But it was an underactive thryoid. Although you still need a blood test to diagnose it so get thee to the doctors asap!

FairLadyRantALot Sun 19-Jul-09 17:36:16

had a test for underactive thyroid a few years ago, but there was nowt wrong...( I am always cold and had also often been so tired, which made me wonder....)...could of course have changed, as that might also indicate why I am finding it so difficult to loose weight nowadays...

Owls Sun 19-Jul-09 17:57:36

Yes those are also symptoms. It runs in my family and my sister, who hasn't yet developed thryoid problems, is tested every 12 months as a precaution. So it's perfectly possible to have changed in the past few years.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now