Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I can't shift this headache

(6 Posts)
janx Sat 18-Jul-09 22:13:13

I have had a continuous headache for nearly a month - with really tense neck and shoulders - do yoga but does not seem to shift it. Went to the doctors and she advised me to do some exercise - but nothing i do is helping. Am bf so only taking paracetomol - but it just won't go away...think i need to go back to the doctors - anyone else suffer with headaches?

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 18-Jul-09 22:17:09

It might be being caused by your stiff shoulders. My osteopath has sorted out tension headaches by working on that area so might be worth a try?

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 18-Jul-09 22:19:27

A chiropractor may be able to help aswell.

janeite Sat 18-Jul-09 22:28:58

It does sound like tension. I get them sometimes but never for that long. A shoulder massage might help and possibly some light swimming? Temporarily (ie enough to let you sleep properly for a night) one Syndol might just ease it for a while (don't take more than one because they are absolote knock-out pills).

Hope you feel better soon.

janeite Sat 18-Jul-09 22:29:14

absolute

janx Sun 19-Jul-09 09:24:02

Thanks - am going to book an osteopaths appt tomorrow - couldn't sleep last night with it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now