Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

C-section..how long until I can start exercise?

(9 Posts)
jaqphil Fri 20-May-05 13:57:33

Realistically how long should I wait until I start exercising again..midwife says 12 weeks but at 3 weeks and feeling pretty good another 9 weeks seems a long time?

Chuffed Fri 20-May-05 15:10:56

how fit were you before birth. I went to a spinning class at 4wks post c-sec, it wasn't recommended by anybody but as a gym nut I was dying to get back. I did spin up until day before birth using heart rate monitor etc and did wks 4-6post c-sec the same as I did at 9mths ie no HR over 140 etc.
I thought biking would be ok as it doesn't really use abs much, non-weightbearing etc and I did take it easy.
What did you have in mind? I was fine by the way.

Triggerhappy Fri 20-May-05 15:46:15

defineately no earlier than 6 weeks! 12 might be a bit extreme, but remember although you may feel ok, you are still healing inside, so give yourself time.

desperatehousewife Fri 20-May-05 15:46:54

My son is nearly 3 years old and I've been kidding myself that I shouldn't exercise until he's at least 4!

noddyholder Fri 20-May-05 15:55:36

DH i think my doctor said 6 so don't rush yourselfhope you had a nice holiday xx

jaqphil Fri 20-May-05 16:45:38

Chuffed - I was an exercise nut until week 30 when I went into prem labour..(was stopped and ds was born eventually @ 40+3!) and have effectively done absolutely nothing since then! I think then I'll take the middle ground noddyholder wait 6 weeks and start on the standard post-natal exercises and use my heart rate monitor.

trix Fri 20-May-05 16:47:10

My GP said 6 weeks, the gym said 10.

desperatehousewife Fri 20-May-05 16:55:04

Hi Noddy - yes holiday was fanbloodytastic thank you. Actually feel relaxed and rested (is that supposed to happen on a family holiday?!) How are you?

noddyholder Fri 20-May-05 17:42:25

desperate I'm good glad you had a nice time we are going to greece in august and I am aiming for relaxing for the 1st time ever See you soon Last hijack I promise

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now