Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Yasmin contraceptive pill

(6 Posts)
cupcakes Fri 20-May-05 13:20:19

I've just been prescribed this to help with my pmt. My doctor thinks that this pill is less likely to make me put on weight but has anyone any experience of this pill?
TIA

cupcakes Fri 20-May-05 16:50:41

cupcakes Sun 22-May-05 20:10:08

anyone tonight?

Frizbe Sun 22-May-05 20:11:57

no sorry bump!

Trinab75 Tue 24-May-05 11:45:24

I have been on this pill since last summer, it was not the miracle for my mood swings and weight gain that I expected it to be, but I have been on worse contraception.

We are all such different creatures, so maybe it could work for you, fingers crossed

Warning-it does tend to make you feel a bit sick for the first few weeks of taking it.

HJ Tue 24-May-05 11:52:47

I've been on this for about 4 years now, and everything has been fine.

I read about it in a fitness mag and asked my doc to prescribe it cause I was previously on dianette (keeps skin spot free) and my doc wanted me to change, but I did have a history of putting on weight with other tablets, this tablet did not cause me to gain any weight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now