Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

weeing after sex??

(15 Posts)
hiddeninthegarden Sat 18-Jul-09 10:43:06

I've wanted to know the answer to this for years but have been too embarassed to ask anyone. I thought since I had my name change on I would!

Straight after sex, it's very, very hard to wee! Feels like I can't push it out!

This has been the case for me ever since I started having sex or any kind of sexual activity so it's nothing new!

Is it normal? Anyone else have the same?
After about hour (ish) I can wee again fine!!

Any explanation?
TIA

cornsillk Sat 18-Jul-09 10:45:18

I have no idea. I'm just being nosey and reading your OP. One of the experts will be along in a moment hopefully to put your mind at rest.

Thandeka Sat 18-Jul-09 10:45:31

probably everything is swollen from blood flow so it constricts the urethra. do you get UTI's though if you don't wee straight after sex? i know i often do (which was a pain while ttc- and not wanting to let anything dribble out!)

hiddeninthegarden Sat 18-Jul-09 10:49:23

no UTI's nope. I do try and wee straight after sex but I can't!! blush

Feels like everything is pulled up or something. Has been this way even before I had DCs so I can't even say giving birth has caused it.

No pain or anything, just can't wee. After about an hour it all goes back to normal!! grin

alicecrail Sat 18-Jul-09 10:53:36

I think it's quite normal. I am the same, as i feel like i need to go (with all the jiggling blush) but find it difficult. Try pressure on your bladder, i find that helps.

Unrelated i'm sure but i can never go after a general anesthetic, and have to have a catheter put in.

Thandeka Sat 18-Jul-09 10:55:41

i would say dont try and force it then- wee can also have a psychological component so the more you try and wee sometimes the harder it is to let the muscle go.

so long as you aren't getting uti's i wouldnt worry too much about it. i have period pain on orgasm after sex in my luteal phase of my cycle- asked the doc about it- they had no clue- i think sometimes bodies just like to do weird things after sex!

Thandeka Sat 18-Jul-09 10:56:09

me either alicecrail!

LadyOfWaffle Sat 18-Jul-09 11:01:34

Is it after orgasm? I am the same, I just leave in a little while then relax when I do go.

hiddeninthegarden Sat 18-Jul-09 11:03:10

Always after orgasm. Even if we don't have sex and he gives me an orgasm, the same thing happens.

Atleast I know i'm not the only one!

bargainhuntingbetty Sat 18-Jul-09 11:04:42

I am the same. I try to go but cant so go back to bed or back too the tv or whatever and after 30 mins or so I can go again. I thought it was just me grin

Marthasmama Sat 18-Jul-09 13:12:45

Isn't there a natural switch off thing to stop you weeing everywhere when you have an orgasm? I am sure I've read it or heard that somewhere. I get the same thing, it isn't anything to worry about.

Mamazon Sat 18-Jul-09 13:14:59

perfectly normal.

Wilts Sat 18-Jul-09 13:16:44

Same here as well grin

hiddeninthegarden Sat 18-Jul-09 13:36:50

Thank-you everyone for putting my worry at rest

steviesgirl Sun 19-Jul-09 13:42:51

I always want to wee after I orgasm! blush Anyone else get that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now