Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

took tablet last night and feels like stuck in throat, really getting me down

(6 Posts)
blossomhill Sat 18-Jul-09 10:12:12

any advice?? thanks

3cutedarlings Sat 18-Jul-09 10:21:17

oh i hate it when this happens, its probably not actually stuck, it will have more than likely scratched your throat slightly on the way down .

Have you tried drinking milk?

lockets Sat 18-Jul-09 10:24:20

Message withdrawn

andlipsticktoo Sat 18-Jul-09 10:26:27

I had this a couple of months ago. I took a tablet before I went to bed and when I woke up it felt like it was still there! It went on for days gradually getting worse and feeling like my oesophagus had lots of lumps in. It turned out I had an acid reflux, and the acid in my stomach was burning my food pipe and causing it to be sore and inflammed.

My doctor gave me some tablets which did work, but it took about a further week to go completely.

If the blocked feeling continues, go to see your doctor.

AnarchyAunt Sat 18-Jul-09 10:26:32

Try swallowing the biggest, least chewed bit of soft bread you can. Should dislodge it on the way past.

blossomhill Sat 18-Jul-09 10:31:24

hi thanks i am wondering if it is still there or just feels like it iykwim? i have tried bread, cheese and lots of water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now