Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Food poisoning :(

(8 Posts)
nellynaemates Sat 18-Jul-09 06:45:47

DP and I had a take-away curry last night, we didn't share anything (I had aloo sag and rice). About an hour later I started feeling really whoozy and nauseated and eventually a couple of hours later I started being sick.

I've been sick about 7-8 times overnight - the past couple have thick green bile, I don't think there's anything else to come up to be honest!

I can't keep anything down and I'm feeling miserable. My legs actually buckled underneath me last time I was vomitting, although I didn't pass out.

Anything I can do? Should I call NHS24?

I've tried their self-help thing and it's kind of inconclusive.

StealthPolarBear Sat 18-Jul-09 07:50:12

Oh you poor thing
I would give it until lunchtimeish tbh and see if you're being sick less.
KEEP DRINKING WATER

nellynaemates Sat 18-Jul-09 14:15:42

Thanks for the reply StealthPolarBear.

Luckily I stopped being sick not too long after I posted. Just feeling completely wiped out now! And I'm supposed to go to 2 family parties today!!

Frizbe Sat 18-Jul-09 14:17:17

I'd call your local EHO, as the curry house may need a little investigation. Hope you feel better soon.

nellynaemates Sat 18-Jul-09 14:44:11

I will do, I've got no animosity towards them though and they are a local business in a small place so I think I'll speak to them directly first and give them a chance to clean up their act, or at least give them fore-warning that I've contacted Environmental Health.

herbietea Sat 18-Jul-09 14:49:58

Message withdrawn

annoyingdevil Sat 18-Jul-09 15:06:47

Must have been the rice - that kind of food poisoning comes on quickly.

HateHoovering Sat 18-Jul-09 15:51:15

You could both have swine-flu and it may not be associated with curry! I've heard of lots of people who have D&V symptoms with swin flu. Do you have temp,aching muscles, shivering?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now