Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

DP phone diagnosed with sw and has had continual hiccups for over 48 hours

(5 Posts)
cheekychopsmum Fri 17-Jul-09 23:24:10

My dp was digagnosed with sf on tuesday, over the phone. He has had aches, chills, headache, sore throat and fatigue. He has slept loads, which is really unusual for him even when ill, but does have moments when he feels okish when he can get up and do something, then needs to rest again. For the last 2 days he keeps getting hiccups. At first it was just really annoying for him, now it is getting worrying. They are quite fast and last for over 5 mins and has had over 10 bouts today.

I've just done a quick look on web and found all kinds of worrying senarios such as heart attack and tumour.

I'm now worried because maybe the doc has thought it was sf, but he may have over looked other illness as he wasn't phyically seen.

Am I over reacting?

He is taking tamiflu -could it be a reaction to this?

whomovedmychocolate Sat 18-Jul-09 16:45:54

No idea but you can call doctors at the weekend you know? He may need assessing - but don't fret, in the case of any adverse reactions to drugs, close monitoring is normal.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 19-Jul-09 21:13:28

How is he today?

Yurtgirl Sun 19-Jul-09 21:16:36

I sometimes have hiccup days - drives me nuts, about once every few weeks

I cant see how hiccups could be related to tamiflu or swineflu - maybe its just because he is poorly - not that I am a doctor of course!

cheekychopsmum Mon 20-Jul-09 19:41:48

He's not had it since saturday, so fingers crossed that's the last of it . Thank you for asking

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now