Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Nearest hospital to Heathrow?

(12 Posts)
Confuzzeled Fri 17-Jul-09 22:27:51

Yes, dh thinks he has swine flu and on a flight back from Canada where he thinks he may have been exposed.

Since I'm pregnant he's uber paranoid he's going to give it to me.

He's flying into Heathrow and I said I'd find the nearest hospital, he can go to A&E, pick up the vaccine or get checked out.

babyOcho Fri 17-Jul-09 22:28:55

I think it might be Hillingdon.

blissa Fri 17-Jul-09 22:32:37

I'd say Hillingdon too

Confuzzeled Fri 17-Jul-09 22:33:35

Thanks

Babbity Fri 17-Jul-09 22:33:56

def Hillingdon (I used to work there)

norksinmywaistband Fri 17-Jul-09 22:34:22

Definately hillingdon, thats where ill patients of the planes are transferred to anyway.
Hope it is paranoia and he is home soon

DesperateHousewifeToo Fri 17-Jul-09 22:37:36

Aren't you supposed to avoid going into a hospital if you think you have it?

He still has to come home and Tamiflu doesn't make him non-infectious does it?

Ponders Fri 17-Jul-09 22:43:00

Hillingdon is very close (FWIW Uxbridge Magistrates Court, nr Hillingdon, is where Heathrow criminal cases always go) but there is also Ashford & St Peters at Chertsey - similar distance I think. They have swine flu inf on their home page. Hillingdon Hosp home page is here. Maybe worth ringing both for advice?

Good luck (big worry sad)

Confuzzeled Fri 17-Jul-09 22:46:48

Personally I think he's being paranoid, if he had flu he wouldn't feel like traveling and he says he's not that bad. I think perhaps he has man flu, well I do hope so.

He's on the plane now but I've texted him about these 2 hospitals and the UK swine flu helpline number.

We live in Scotland so he's still got to get all the way up here as well.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 18-Jul-09 12:00:54

Is he ok? How is the man swine flu?

Confuzzeled Sat 18-Jul-09 12:41:28

Who knows? We've had a nightmare with NHS24 and NHS Direct. But we've decided not to take any risks and he's coming straight home and going into quarentine in the spare room for tonight. He's had it for 6 days so he should be feeling better by now and appaerently over the most infectious stage. If he's not feeling better in the morning then I'll take my dd to my mothers for a night or 2 until he's better.

DesperateHousewifeToo Sat 18-Jul-09 12:45:27

Sounds like a good plan.

From what I understand, if he has had it for that long Tamiflu won't make any difference to how long it lasts now anyway.

Hope he feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now