Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

i have such a bad feeling about this, any one with experience, please step forward.

(8 Posts)
sunburntats Fri 17-Jul-09 21:04:25

MIL has a "large lump" in her eye.

It is melenoma, she hasnt told any one but me.

i just have an ominous feeling that she isnt going to recover from this.
she has had proton radiotherapy this last week.

Has been told that it is agressive and very large.
I am very anxious and feel very uneasy about it.

Any one with any experience?

sunburntats Fri 17-Jul-09 21:12:44

no,
looks like i really am on my own then.

Wish she would tell some one else so that i have some one to talk to about it.
Promised i wouldnt so i cant and wont.

FaintlyMacabre Fri 17-Jul-09 21:28:51

So sorry to hear about this.
I'm afraid you may be right, melanomas have a very poor survival rate. It is a horrible disease. sad
Can you talk to her again and try to persuade her to tell your DH? Is your FIL still alive?

Although I can understand why she hasn't told anyone else, if the worst does happen your DH/FIL will be hurt if they realise that you knew and they didn't. They will want to support her through this as well.

Sorry, I don't have much experience in this but couldn't leave your posts unanswered.

Much sympathy to you.

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:30:43

Not sure what to suggest but sad

It's not good
Has she been given a staging? ie whether it has gorn anywhere else yet.

Flgihtattendant Fri 17-Jul-09 21:31:57

I know how you feel re the keeping it to yourself bit. Can you talk to anyone - a friend who doesn't know your family? Tis v hard to bear news like this especially if you know it'll be awful for others you love/ who love her.

sunburntats Sat 18-Jul-09 10:19:37

Thanks, I have spoken to a pal about this.
fil is alive and he knows, he has been to every appointment with her.

sad

ThingOne Sat 18-Jul-09 14:15:54

Sorry to hear your news.

Have you been to cancer back-up? There's lots of good information there. There are also forums for sharing experiences.

cornsillk Sat 18-Jul-09 14:17:39

Sorry to hear your sad news sunburn. Have no experience but don't want to read without posting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now