Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Remind me about this....My hair is dropping out!

(4 Posts)
Backtoblue Fri 17-Jul-09 10:09:32

Post baby - 4 months ago now. Periods not returned yet but hair just started falling out. What does it mean about my hormones?

And I'm booked to have hair dyed tomorrow...would you do it when hair all dropping out?!!

OmicronPersei8 Fri 17-Jul-09 10:13:18

When you're pregnant your hair stops falling out, so at some point after your baby is born all that hair that didn't fall out during pregnancy, does. No idea about colouring your hair though.. you need someone wiser than me.

sleepwhenidie Fri 17-Jul-09 10:13:45

Doesn't mean anything unusual about hormones (or AFAIK, have any relation to periods), just another charming side effect of pregnancy. Find the best conditioner you can so you don't pull more out when combing...mine was pink tub of kerastase stuff. Then just wait it out, nothing else to do - its funny how you can be pleased by having little tufty bits when it starts growing back later though smile!

sleepwhenidie Fri 17-Jul-09 10:15:11

and I don't think having hair dyed will make a difference either way (see if your hairdresser has a different view of course)!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now