Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Feeling a bit unwell suddenly - can I still go to toddlers?

(6 Posts)
JennyPenny22 Fri 17-Jul-09 00:47:35

I was really looking forward to going to the toddler group summer party tomorrow morning. Suddenly feel a bit unwell:

Runny nose
Head ache
Very tired (but have had a big day out)
sore eyes
Bit achy
Sore throat.

I am aware these COULD be swine flu symptoms. But TBH I keep thinking swine flu every day in one of the DC when one has a runny nose or whatever and I can't stay in all the time! It is very spread in this area. Most schools have it, a little girl very local died of it last week.

Basically, I want to know:
- Do I stay at home with the theory that I don't want to spread swine flu
- Go anyway with the theory it is probably just a cold and overtiredness?

DD will be missing out if we don't go sad

OrangeFish Fri 17-Jul-09 00:52:21

You may go or not, but I don't think you would feel very welcome tomorrow at the playgroup if you show up feeling like that.

Be it swine flu, norovirus, a bad cold, or anything of the sort, if you feel so bad please stay at home.

jabberwocky Fri 17-Jul-09 03:01:12

I wouldn't go. It would be awful if you did have something contagious and spread it around.

PurpleOne Fri 17-Jul-09 03:23:44

I wouldn't go either.

I have all symptoms and am taking Tamiflu. My natural single mother instinct kicked in when I was told by doc...and I went shopping for supplies/food/gas and elec.
Someone saw me in the shop, put 2 and 2 together, reported me to the school DD2 attends,,,,,and now I feel like the societal outcast.
DD2 was sent home today even though she has no symptoms. All exh has done is kick off and shout, yet not offered to get my shopping for me. I have no other outside help.
I had to do it. Me and the DDs and the cats would be starving by now, and no elec to cook with!

Unless you want to feel like the end of the earth outcast, I really would stay home.

JennyPenny22 Fri 17-Jul-09 13:59:45

Thanks. I stayed at home.

GothMummy Fri 17-Jul-09 23:55:11

OMG PurpleOne, is there no one who can help you out - look after DD so that you are not feeling poorly AND looking after a child at the same time? i am so so sorry for you. I have SF and have been looking after DS (3.5) as well but have at least a DH who came home at 6pm.

I cant believe someone reported you to the school.......y

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now