Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Chlamydia

(6 Posts)
OliviasNanny Thu 19-May-05 19:09:50

How is chlamydia tested - by urine sample or by internal exam and swab?

Flossam Thu 19-May-05 19:23:33

Swab, and in certain circumstances a blood test to see if you have ever had it.

Tipex Thu 19-May-05 20:13:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HappyMumof2 Thu 19-May-05 21:02:08

Message withdrawn

morningpaper Thu 19-May-05 21:03:48

If you're a man, a penile swab apparently, which is as much fun as it sounds (according to a boyfriend I had, um, at the time).

munz Thu 19-May-05 21:09:27

apparently a swob is 70 % and the blood tests check the other 30 % to catch any surpluss, according to my gyno how did a swob test on teh cervix. didn't cost anything for me to have it done.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: