Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Any ideas as to what this could be?

(6 Posts)
Bubbaloo Wed 15-Jul-09 22:47:28

Dh has had a temperature for the last couple of days,along with a headache and foul taste in his mouth,making everything taste awful.Last night he noticed a few lumps(small spots) on his head and today he has a few more on his head and a few on his face,which look like they're under the skin iyswim.
I wouldn't normally worry but he was in hospital for 3 days the other week,after having an asthma attack and ds2 has just got over chicken pox,although these spots look nothing like chicken pox.
He is going to the doctor on Friday,but wondered if anyone had an ideas.
Thankssmile.

Bubbaloo Thu 16-Jul-09 10:48:19

Anyone?

atlantis Thu 16-Jul-09 11:12:45

I have no idea and throwing out some suggestions wouldn't be helpful.

Call your gp and ask for a callback or early appointment, just to be on the safe side.

Bubbaloo Thu 16-Jul-09 16:50:53

Thanks.I've managed to get him an emergency appointment and he's just gone.He came home early from work,feeling even worse and is now covered in spots.Have a feeling it may be shingles.

LIZS Thu 16-Jul-09 17:02:37

Classically shingles rash runs in a band on one side of the body slightly raised red pimples blending together in patches. Both dc have had ear infections which presented with rashes in last few weeks. ds had shingles a few months back and they did test him to see if connected but found not.

Bubbaloo Thu 16-Jul-09 17:12:38

The spots he has are in like a band-some on his stomach and some on his back.He also has quite a few on his neck and the side of his face,and his head.He's also aching all over,which made me think of shingles,as I've heard it can be very painful.
Hopefully he'll be back shortly,so we'll see what the doctor has said.
Hope your dc are better nowsmile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now