Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

sore feet after wearing orthotics help WWYD

(3 Posts)
raphaelbutler Wed 15-Jul-09 16:22:12

Hi i have had orthotics for 3/4 weeks i had previously had foot pain which had settled but my bunion was getting bigger - had orthotics made but since ive beenwearing them my feet hurt the heels at the back and now my knees starting to panic tried to get hold of manufacturer for 3 days but noone getting back to me - dont know if i should just stop wear them or whether it will settle worn out by it

LightShinesInTheDarkness Wed 15-Jul-09 17:19:58

Sorry you are in pain, its easy to forget how essential feet are until they hurt!

Not sure from your post whether you bought these orthotics 'off the shelf' i.e decided yourself which ones were right for you, or had them recommended by a podiatrist/chiropodist/chiropractor etc?

Either way, I think you are more likely to get a successful outcome if you get specalist advice, as poor orthotics will throw your whole gait off balance.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

raphaelbutler Wed 15-Jul-09 17:22:03

hi i had them specially made but i cant get in touch with them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now