Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Blurry peripheral vision in one eye

(5 Posts)
FairMidden Wed 15-Jul-09 14:21:08

I know, I should ask my GP, but just for laughs:

I have occasionally over the last few months had blurry peripheral vision in my right eye. It's a kind of kaleidoscope effect and I can still see it whirling when I close my eye.

Probably totally incidental but I had a trn the other day when my right cheek and hand tingled and I struggled to get a word out for a moment or two, but lay down and was fine immediately afterwards.

I have numerous horrible neurological disaster scenarios running through my mind obviously, so will see a doctor, but any ideas?

WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 15-Jul-09 14:22:34

It sounds a bit like the visual bit I get before a migraine called an aura, I wonder if it is that (the vision bit)

WynkenBlynkenandNod Wed 15-Jul-09 14:24:12

You can get the visual bit without it developing into a full blown migraine.

FairMidden Wed 15-Jul-09 14:28:48

Thanks. I've never had a migraine so I'm not sure. Seeing the doc later in the week though.

nigglewiggle Wed 15-Jul-09 14:29:09

Yes, I often get the aura, just as you describe, without and subsequent headache etc. Don't google, you'll end up with all sorts of worrying scenarios. I rang NHS direct about mine a few years ago and they scared the life out of me asking where nearest A&E was and telling me to get DH straight home from work to take me. After hours of hanging around and a few tests, a lovely doctor diagnosed migraines.

Do see your doctor though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now