Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

TTC and pregnancy with an under active thyroid

(4 Posts)
Secondtimesacharm Wed 15-Jul-09 13:18:23

We are TTC no2 and I got an under active thyroid after having DD.

I'm on 75mg as they caught it early, but it's not perfect. Is there anything I should know or worry about when TTC or when pg with an under active thyroid.

FWIW it's caused by antibodies in my blood steam attacking the thyroid (nice).

Cies Wed 15-Jul-09 13:20:41

If you're on the meds they must be checking the levels to see that they are within normal range, no? If so, I think (not medic here, just fellow sufferer) that there's nothing to worry about. It's only when it goes untreated that there are potential problems AFAIK.

Secondtimesacharm Wed 15-Jul-09 13:24:05

So I don't need to let the docs know?

makedoandmend Wed 15-Jul-09 13:31:12

I've had an under-active thyroid since I was nine - can't remember the complications in preganancy (I had so many other things to worry about!) but do make sure your doc knows as soon as you do get pregnant because they'll probably have to up the dose. I started on 125mcg and by the end of the pregnancy was on 250mcg!

I seem to remember there being past threads on here - maybe do a search.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now