Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

How to help heal dh's leg?

(7 Posts)
phdlife Wed 15-Jul-09 12:59:26

Two weeks ago one of these ran over dh's leg - fortunately not the big wheel but one of the smaller ones (not shown in picture). He's had two lots of X-rays which show no break. After a week of agony he was given 3 days off work, which he spent lying with his leg up, alternating icepacks and Deep Heat type gel. Some of the swelling went down, but after 3 days back at work his foot is back to being impossibly swollen, painful, blah blah blah, and he's swallowing ibuprofen and panadeine like they're going out of fashion.

What tricks are we missing here? He can't sit about at work with his foot on the desk, and he hasn't been there long enough to take any more sick days.

Help!

Sagacious Wed 15-Jul-09 13:00:33

Arnica to deal with bruising

Sagacious Wed 15-Jul-09 13:01:23

Jaysuss

Just seen the picture

Bloody hell !

Fimbo Wed 15-Jul-09 13:02:16

I cracked a bone in my foot six weeks ago, I have just been at physio today and I can strongly recommend it. He has given me exercises to do at home to reduce the swelling and pain. It was the nurse at my local surgery who put me onto the list.

phdlife Wed 15-Jul-09 13:14:07

yeah

thanks for physio tip, Fimbo - might try that. If we can figure way to get him out of work for half a day.

Uriel Wed 15-Jul-09 13:43:28

Have you thought about maybe using comfrey?

Would compression bandages be any good or make it worse? hmm

Sugarmagnolia Wed 15-Jul-09 13:48:10

If it's still that bad after two weeks I'd go back and insist on more x-rays - it is possible they missed a small break the first time round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now