Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

bleeding and passed a flesh coloured sac.

(14 Posts)
secretgardin Tue 14-Jul-09 22:53:04

i have just finished my round of taking the pill on sunday and started bleeding yesterday. it was brown at first and then today i had severe cramping that lasted for about an hour. about 3 hours later i went to the loo and felt something drop out. it looked exactly like chicken skin (sorry to be graphic) and was shaped like a triangular sac with a red bit at the end. i ended up trying to google it, but only ended up more confused as it ranged from mc to burst cysts. i'm feeling a bit lost at the moment, so would appreciate it if anyone with a similar experience could get in contact. i have kept the bit, but am unsure if i need to take it to my gp.

BOFwithagallicshrug Tue 14-Jul-09 22:54:30

Call NHS Direct or the out of hours service.

Hangingbellyofbabylon Tue 14-Jul-09 22:56:48

I did experience something similar with my miscarriage but agree you do need to speak to a medical professional as none of us could begin to diagnose something like this. Sorry, it must be a worrying time for you.

vacaloca Tue 14-Jul-09 22:59:09

Something similar happened to me. I put it in a clean jar and took it to the doctor's the next day. He thought it might be a mc and he asked me to do a pregnancy test as it would still probably show positive. It did. And then he rang a couple of days later to say they'd done a test and it was 'fetal products' or something like that. It was all quite upsetting. sad

How are you feeling?

secretgardin Tue 14-Jul-09 23:14:40

i should be level headed and ring nhs helpline, but they never seem to give a straight answer (i've rung them in the past with ds). physically my tummy just feels a bit tender know, but i'm not in pain. would be crushed if it was an mc

SparklyGothKat Tue 14-Jul-09 23:16:55

I had something similar with my last miscarriage, you need to see a GP.

vacaloca Tue 14-Jul-09 23:30:57

NHS direct have been useless every single time I have spoken to them. If you're feeling okay at the moment, I would wait until tomorrow and make an appointment with your GP instead.

I hope it's not bad news.

blinks Tue 14-Jul-09 23:40:38

to be fair, nhs direct can't give you a diagnosis over the phone, they can only follow an algorithm. they would probably arrange for you to be seen at the nearest hospital tonight. you could bypass them and go straight there but you may have to wait to be seen.

it does sound like an early miscarriage but you should get assessed properly.

have you had pregnancy symptoms?

mrsmerryweather Wed 15-Jul-09 12:30:57

agree- go to your gp asap. You might need a scan to ensure nothing else is left behind.

I have phoned NHS direct before and found them useless- the red tape you have to go through just to get any answers at all is off putting and you can find out as much on google tbh. They always end up referring you to your dr anyway. I don't think NHS direct is manned by health professionals- as I have seen the jobs advertised- they appear to use a computer check list and it's all very impersonal.

secretgardin Thu 16-Jul-09 13:36:31

thanks for the replies the other night. i went to see my gp yesterday and she confirmed mc a bit emotional, but my dh and dc have been brilliant. have to go back on monday as they might have to give me a scan.

kidcreoleandthecoconuts Thu 16-Jul-09 13:45:21

So sorry Secretgardin sad at least you have the support of your DH and DC's.
Take it easy and be kind to yourself.

vacaloca Thu 16-Jul-09 17:18:29

oh, I'm really sorry to hear that, SC. Look after yourself. Sorry. sad

blinks Thu 16-Jul-09 20:30:10

so sorry for your loss SG. good luck on monday x

Hangingbellyofbabylon Fri 17-Jul-09 17:55:33

so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now