Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Wondering if/when this epidemic is going to pass its peak?

(3 Posts)
Chrysanthemums Tue 14-Jul-09 19:18:35

I know it's possible there will be another wave of flu in the autumn, mutated version etc etc but surely at the current rate of spread, this is nearing its peak in its current incarnation? There can't be that many people left to get it once it's reached 100,000 new cases a day (predicted end August i think?)

Surely it will just start to tail off once most people have had it? I am anxious about it, as there's nobody to help us out if I am ill, and starting to wonder about limiting going out etc etc. so am looking for hope that it'll all be over quite soon. Presumably once people have had this version they can only get a different version next time?

Any encouraging thoughts gratefully received smile

saadia Tue 14-Jul-09 19:21:32

I think it's all an unknown at the moment but yes the fact that it is spreading so quickly and in most cases is fairly mild does suggest that it may be manageable.

Chrysanthemums Tue 14-Jul-09 20:34:53

Thankyou. I might do a big tesco order and stay in until September then smile

Sadly we ate most of the asda shop I did in March, already...tinned meatballs, anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now