Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Bacterial Vaginosis???

(3 Posts)
EasyEggs Tue 14-Jul-09 19:09:11

Have posted in preg but thought someone here might know?

Ok so quite a blush one!

I am pretty sure I have this as symptoms seem to add up with everything I have read. I rang GP on Friday who said to call and get appointment with nurse on Monday due to me being preg she wants to know for sure, but in mean time left me a prescription for antibiotics - Metronidazole. I collected them today because when I rang back yesterday they said the next appointment isn't until Thursday so won't even get results until next Monday at the earliest, prob Tue/Wednesday hmm

So basically do i start taking them just incase or do I hold off incase it isn't?? Just worried as I have read that BV can cause probs in preg.

Any advice would be much appreciated smile

Scorps Tue 14-Jul-09 19:11:51

If you were left a prescription, i would assume you start taking them, especially as you say BV is not all that great in pg.

BV is different to thrush symptoms.

EasyEggs Tue 14-Jul-09 19:17:59

Gp said to start taking them if symptoms got worse. Well they are the same as before but I'm not happy about the fact that it could be BV and I'm preg. Just wondering if taking these antibiotics - very small poss risk as with any meds in preg, is outweighed by risks of BV in preg.

Think I'll just start them tonight.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now