Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

The Flu has arrived at DD's school...

(6 Posts)
minko Tue 14-Jul-09 14:51:45

Just had an email that there are unconfirmed cases at DD's school. I know it was only a matter of time, but with only 6 days of term left I am tempted to keep her at home.

Am I being unreasonable?

KingCanuteIAm Tue 14-Jul-09 14:54:23

If it is already there than she will, most likely, have already have been exposed - however, I would take any excuse to get as long a holiday as possible as I love the summer holidays! Especially if you think she is going to spend some of it feeling ill!

IMO YANBU

kando Tue 14-Jul-09 14:55:29

FWIW, my dd had a confirmed case in her class last week. School have carried on as normal (apart from sending home those who were unwell) and she's been absolutely fine. Don't think it's necessary to keep them off unless they have other health problems tbh.

minko Tue 14-Jul-09 15:01:22

I have moderate asthma, so don't really want to catch it...

friendly Tue 14-Jul-09 15:16:26

Dc's have just come back with a letter stating 2 confirmed cases in their school (small primary). I feel anxious for all of us but mostly my 10 day old baby. Thinking same as you Minko. Ds is leaving to go to secondary and would miss all leaving dos. My hv recommended that I avoid large gatherings with the baby this am and that was before this letter this afternoon. I'm not sure what to do.

minko Wed 15-Jul-09 09:32:57

OK, confirmed case in DD's CLASS now and another in the other year group class.
She has gone to school today but I am v.v. worried...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now