Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

I think i had a migraine last night, never had one before.

(8 Posts)
Tortoise Tue 14-Jul-09 13:49:48

About 10.30pm while on laptop my vision went odd, can't really explain it.
Then started to feel a bit headachy.

By 1am i had a bad headache on one side. Then over the next hour i was sick twice.

Headache went after that and i managed to get to sleep at 3am.

This morning, apart from feeling a little weak and very slight headache, i was OK and managed to walk DC to school as normal.

So do you think this was a migraine? And is there any reason i would get one for the 1st time ever?

thisisyesterday Tue 14-Jul-09 13:51:29

def sounds like a migraine to me

pagwatch Tue 14-Jul-09 13:53:52

Tortoise
I started getting migraine about a year ago in my 40's. The Doctors said it just happens like that sometimes. It can be stress or food related. Mine seems to be 'exhausted and end of my resources' related.

I spot the warning signs now and going straight to bed and taking pain meds can ward it off - if I am quick enough. If not mine last til I vomit

nigglewiggle Tue 14-Jul-09 13:57:05

Sounds like my migraines. I sometimes only get the vision bit though. It's called an aura and mine is like looking through a pain of glass with water running down it IYSWIM.

I would speak to your GP. Can be caused by hormonal changes, diet etc, high blood pressure, but worth mentioning it.

OrangeFish Tue 14-Jul-09 13:57:18

It sounds like one, the reasons of why you get it are as individual as the sufferer itself.

I get them from chocolate, dehydration, red wine, and always when I relax after a period of stress.

I have friends who get them from the pill, pepper, cheese, etc.

Tortoise Tue 14-Jul-09 14:00:19

Thanks.
Taking DS1 to Doctors tonight so will mention it at the same time. smile

Tortoise Tue 14-Jul-09 14:01:31

I have recently joined WW and cut down my eating a lot could that be part of it?

Blackduck Tue 14-Jul-09 14:05:57

Could be anything that triggers it - is very individual. Mine was initially related to hormones (teenage years) and is now 'exhausted/tired/end of tether). My aura is either whirling lights in the corner of my vision, or can't see out of the corner of my eye (like having blinkers on and it is always the left eye. The headache usually is on one side of the head. Not sick with it anymore - and can generally ward it off if I'm quick enough, but still leaves me feeling a bit disconnected....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now