Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Is this cystitis or a urine infection??

(6 Posts)
Saltire Mon 13-Jul-09 14:59:11

Sorry maybe TMI.
Since yesterday I have had the most awful pain in my groin and lower tummy, especially during and after passing urine, but also at other times, sometimes I feel it in my lwoer back. I am not feeling the need to go more frequesntly and have drunk a lot of water today, but it's not really helped.
I got some cystitis medicine stuff but it ahsn't helped and I've had cystitis before and it wasn't like this. is it a UTI instead?

Mumsnut Mon 13-Jul-09 15:01:53

Sounds like it. Get thee to your GP!

Mumsnut Mon 13-Jul-09 15:01:53

Sounds like it. Get thee to your GP!

missingtheaction Mon 13-Jul-09 15:06:08

IME you can get an infection that shows up anwhere from your kidneys to your urethra (sp?) and they all count as a UTI. GP, nice antibiotics, all over in a day or so.

Saltire Mon 13-Jul-09 16:34:39

Can't get an appointment until 2 weeks today, I am away tehnhmm. I ahve to ring back tomorrow at 8am to see if there is an emergency appointment availiable. However, it's impossible to get through until about 9am and then they are all gone and you are told to try again tomorrow

Saltire Mon 13-Jul-09 17:31:01

ooh, just checked my temp as feeling very hot, but cold and it's 39.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now