Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My mum has managed tog et me really wound up about my health

(2 Posts)
Saltire Sun 12-Jul-09 22:11:02

As some of you might know I got diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in 2006, after years of pain. The past 6 months have been really tough - widespread muscle and tendon pain, fatigue(have spent more than 18 hours a day in bed over the past 3 days), numbness and pins and needles and over the past few days , double vision or blurred vision and eye pain.
my mother has got it into her head I have MS. She has called me 4 times today to tell me this. She ahs based this on the fact that my step dad told her his dad had a lot of eye problems when he ahd MS.
However, I have googled it (I know!) and it seems the symptoms of the 2 are very similar, and now, because she hs gone on so much about it, she has me really wound up. I might not reply tonight, as I am going back to bed in a short while. But would appreciate some advice

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sun 12-Jul-09 22:16:02

I'd pop to the GP about the eye pain, it could be inflammation so it's worth getting it checked. Mention the pins and needles while you are there. smile
MS can be genetic, I was diagnosed after an MRI came back abnormal, your symptoms don't necessarily mean that you have this though. People can lead normal lives with it though. Do get it checked though. Your mum's still your mum, they never stop worrying and fussing over us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now