Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

PMT - Very achy thighs?

(8 Posts)
SingleMum01 Sun 12-Jul-09 20:34:03

I've never really had bad period cramp before but the last 6 months its getting bad for 2 days before I come on I get really achy things - it feels like flu and was so bad last time I couldn't do anything all day. Has anyone any experience of this? Can anything help? It seems to be getting worse each month. I'm 40 so am also wondering if I'm heading towards the menopause although periods are very regular to the day.

mrsmaidamess Sun 12-Jul-09 20:36:12

My legs KILL me before I come on. I get no cramps in my stomach, it's all in the legs. They feel so heavy. It usually stops when I actually come on though.

potatofactory Sun 12-Jul-09 20:39:06

yep - achy area too! Feel like I've been kicked between the legs. Nice...

SingleMum01 Sun 12-Jul-09 20:42:20

Thanks, glad to know I'm not on my own, strange though. I too get no cramps in the stomach.

potatofactory Sun 12-Jul-09 20:46:22

Oh, I do get stomach cramps. And my bowels disintegrate!

Lucky, lucky me grin

Rumpel Sun 12-Jul-09 20:48:03

Yeah I get irritable legs and was awake loads with them last night - best thing is to invest in some Mag Phos 8 tissue salts (Boots chemist) for cramps and get some agnus castus tincture for peri-menopausal PMT symptoms.

In traditional Chinese medicine the 2 main Earth energy channels run down the legs and can become stagnant leading to achey legs - you could try brushing down your legs towards your feet and gently bunching up your hands and patting your legs up and down. Might sound mad but it works - also some good stretches for the leg muscles will help.

www.woodlandherbs.co.uk

herbietea Sun 12-Jul-09 20:50:22

Message withdrawn

SingleMum01 Sun 12-Jul-09 20:55:39

Thanks everyone, yes I too had the squits last time! Also now get zits - not only am I hit with being 40, divorced and teenage acne! Great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now