Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Lower back pain. G.P,Osteopath,Chiropractor,ibruprofen?

(11 Posts)
Thunderduck Sun 12-Jul-09 16:12:59

My lower back has gone again. I have pain and stiffness in my coccyx.

I injured it about 18 months ago, and it went once after that, then again, in my sleep, for no apparent reason on Thursday.

Any tips would be much appreciated. I'm keeping topped up on ibruprofen, which is helping a little.
Are there other OTC medications that might be better?

And is it too soon to see my gp, or a chiropractor, or anyone really. I suppose my gp would be the most obvious place to go.

Thankyou in advance.

SoupDragon Sun 12-Jul-09 16:16:32


Thunderduck Sun 12-Jul-09 16:19:04

I've never seen either before, but I'm willing to try anything.
I'm not even entirely sure what the difference between the two is.blush

SoupDragon Sun 12-Jul-09 17:47:58

Me neither! I've been to one osteo who does lovely massage stuff and one who tied me up in a knot and flattened me straight (complete with a large crack).

letsgostrawberrypicking Sun 12-Jul-09 17:52:18

I was advised to put a coldpack on mine - as it is usually inflamed and heat pads dont help

EldonAve Sun 12-Jul-09 17:55:53

gp & physio

nevergoogledragonbutter Sun 12-Jul-09 18:02:29

there is a rather lovely treatment the physio's can do, but it's rather invasive.

SoupDragon Sun 12-Jul-09 18:55:15

[arf] You're right, DragonButter. I was chatting to my osteopath saying how DS1's birth had sorted out my dodgy coccyx and she laughed saying that the procedure they could do was similar

raphaelbutler Wed 15-Jul-09 16:31:51

hi where do you live. I broke dislocated my coccyx and saw a guy who put it back in london and also theres an excellent woman in chelmsfords - there is a website called which gives name of specialists,osteopaths, chiropractors who have experience in this injury please make sure you go to someone who knows what they are doing hugs

ilovemydogandmrobama Wed 15-Jul-09 16:33:20

chiropractor every time.

cocolepew Wed 15-Jul-09 16:43:18

I vote Feledine gel, hot and cold pack, and I prefer an oestopath.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: