Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Headache worry

(6 Posts)
Lovemyshoes Sun 12-Jul-09 13:20:50

I had a headache start last Thursday, it got worse and on Sunday one side of my face felt funny and I was slurring my words.

I continued to go to the doctors and to work etc and the doctors gave me some immigran to try, it works for about 1/2 hour and then the headache is back.

My right eye is constantly twitching and my eyeball hurts, sometimes my eye swells up. I am now getting fed up of having this headache, it is stopping me doing normal things and I want to do nothing but sleep.

I think I'm going to have to go to the doctors again tomorrow - does anyone have any idea what is going on, or, am I going to get fobbed off by the doctor?

castille Sun 12-Jul-09 13:23:01

Go back to your GP and don't be fobbed off. Ask for further tests.

It sounds horrid and a lot worse than just a headache.

nickschick Sun 12-Jul-09 13:25:54

I dont know but headaches are awful - I myself suffer from them too although not as extreme as yours.

Have you thought about anything that could have led to this?

stress affects me

poor diet/not enough water

heat (if dh puts the central heating on when im asleep i wake up with a stonking headache)

wine and alcohol makes me ill too

lack of sleep.

Have you had an eye test lately? I recently went and had a thorough test - all was fine but this can be a good indicator and worthwhile to help eliminate factors.

nickschick Sun 12-Jul-09 13:26:52

I also feel that my head is 'weighted' if you know what I mean?

and then i feel off balance and quite sick and dizzy with it.

Lovemyshoes Mon 13-Jul-09 19:12:35

Been to doctors again and this time I've come away with antibiotics, they are not sure what the problem is. Don't think they'll take away the pain somehow

123lucy Mon 13-Jul-09 19:22:03

My Dh Started getting headaches a few years ago the pain was also down one side of his face and got really bad. Turned out to be trigeminal neuralgia.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now