Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

My gout has flared up again.

(8 Posts)
MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 23:32:02

Last time it was my toe. Now it's my whole foot, painful and swollen. I couldn't get my shoe on this evening. blush

Maybe I really do need to cut down on my red wine. Does anyone else suffer from this?

<digs out Gran's tubigrip>

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 11-Jul-09 23:39:05

No, sorry, I really feel for you though sad

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 23:41:31

I am actually quite worried as I googled it (which is all our local GP ever does, so I save myself a trip grin) and found that it can lead to kidney damage. I am on sparkling water for the rest of the evening.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 11-Jul-09 23:42:53

It's the crystals, your kidneys can't excrete them.
Have you seen a rheumatologist?

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 23:48:42

No. I never see anyone unless at death's door. Google is my oracle.

I need water, weight reduction and fewer carbs. As luck would have it I was planning to start the Atkins diet again in earnest today anyway, so this is my body's way of confirming my decision.

And there's no better motivation than kidney health.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 11-Jul-09 23:50:48

I'd ask to see a rheumatologist. It sounds like a really painful thing to have and they may be able to do something else to help.

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 23:51:51

Thanks for your concern fluffybunny. I'll see how it goes.

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Sat 11-Jul-09 23:54:11

smile

You should go, they can check your kidney function and the blood flow to your toes. Best to get them checked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now