Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Omega 3 tablets for DS - which ones??

(3 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 11-Jul-09 20:02:20

Ds has asked for some Omega 3 tablets as he has read about their importance for the brain etc. As his concentration is pretty poor I have agreed to get him some and see if it helps. But which ones? there are soooooo many makes to choose from. They need to be ones that he swallows, not the chewy ones.
Anyone?

TIA

whomovedmychocolate Sat 11-Jul-09 21:16:46

Without meaning to be rude, may I please encourage you to go read Ben Goldacre's book Bad Science on the subject. Or go here www.badscience.net/category/fish-oil/

Basically there is no clinical evidence it works. But if you must, just go for the cheap ones - there is no point in paying for gold plated snake oil wink

mckenzie Sun 12-Jul-09 15:13:47

hi wmmchoc. By coincidence, I have a copy of Bad Science right here, lent to me by a friend!! I just haven't got round to reading it yet. It was lent to me as I have been having some success with treating, with homeopathy, a very very old complaint of mine. Anyway, I digress. I have read the link you gave me but have been unable to find anything in the book on fish oils. Do you happen to know what chapter it comes under? There is no index for me to look it up.

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now