Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Bleeding nuisance, periods all over the place

(16 Posts)
chattermum Wed 18-May-05 20:29:57

Has any one else had bad irregular periods since giving birth, my DD is now 15 months but i am still bleeding every other week and its lasting up to 10-11 days at a time. Im so tired of the health visitor telling me it will calm down eventually, surely this cant go on forever

foolysh Wed 18-May-05 20:35:06

That's not normal. Have you spoken to a gp?

charleepeters Wed 18-May-05 20:36:51

are you on any contraception or have you had any since dd was born??

HappyMumof2 Wed 18-May-05 20:37:09

Message withdrawn

chattermum Wed 18-May-05 20:43:20

I have been to my GP 3 times now, they keep giving me different contraceptive pills but they dont seem to be doing anything, i was on the pill b4 dd was born and has no troubles

Lonelymum Wed 18-May-05 20:43:47

My periods have not settled back to how they were before children and my youngest is now 2, but I wouldn't describe them as being as frequent and long lasting as yours. That must be really debillitating. I would go and get it checked out if I were you. At least get your blood checked for iron levels.

chattermum Wed 18-May-05 20:47:14

Thats what im worried about, its making me so tired and moody, my poor DH doesnt know whether he is coming or going and its not helping our marriage (weve only been married 6 months)

bunny2 Wed 18-May-05 21:09:26

I have had a period lasting 6 weeks. My gp (male) gave me tablets to reduce the bleeding, they didnt work so he tried some others whcih still didnt work. I saw another gp on Monday (female) and she sent me straight to emergecy gynea who kept me there all day for tests and admitted me on Tuesday for a d&c and to remove a polyp. That was yesterday and today the bleeding is much muc lessthan it has been. The moral of my tale?? Try another gp and/or ask for a referral to a gyneacologist.

bunny2 Wed 18-May-05 21:10:15

I was knackered too chatttermum - probably in danger of becoming anaemic like you are

HappyMumof2 Wed 18-May-05 21:11:36

Message withdrawn

chattermum Wed 18-May-05 21:12:53

Ok i will make an appt first thing 2morrow and i wont leave till i have some answers, thanx

HappyMumof2 Wed 18-May-05 21:14:37

Message withdrawn

bunny2 Wed 18-May-05 21:15:35

good luck

chattermum Wed 18-May-05 21:16:12

I will let you know what happens

Mirage Wed 18-May-05 21:45:47

My aunt had this problem-turned out to be a polyp too.Day surgery sorted it out & she has been fine ever since.

I hope you can get it sorted out,it must be horrible for you.

jamiesam Wed 18-May-05 22:04:56

Hi, I'm a bit similar to you, but perhaps not quite so long bleeding...

Mentioned it in passing to Dr a few months ago, she imm. did a smear (clear) and referred me for (internal) scan - in three weeks time now.

Hassle, there is no reason you should be going through this, I think my Dr wondered why I'd waited for a year before raising it.

I'm not on the pill btw so that may make things different for you, but definitely hassle your dr for a solution, investigation, check iron levels. Good luck

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: