Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

anyone suffer from really bad mood changing PMT......

(17 Posts)
mum2samandalex Sat 11-Jul-09 12:00:44

ive been feelin down alot lately but this week has been awful. My dh irritates me just by speaking-i feel sick well he touches me. Im short fused with the kids. And feel like walking out the door sometimes.Alot of the time i just want to be left alone to mope. I just feel like i hate my life and im just stuck at home with the kids all the time.I do try and get out etc and im busy etc i do think im a little bit fed up and stuck in a rut. But a week before im due on im 100 times worse. I can feel myself brewing for an arguement with dh and saying some awful things. I then wonder whether this is how i really feel-i dont know whats real and whats maybe just my hormones.

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 12:02:45

Yes I sometimes feel like a bit like this too, you have my symapthy I started recording my worst moods on the calendar and they are indeed worse before period. Evening Primrose has been recommende to me, but being lazy have not started yet.

mum2samandalex Sat 11-Jul-09 12:05:15

Just to add because ive been down alot lately (been sahm for the past 4 years and still have an 18mth) when im due on my mood seems to reach a peak. My huby works a way mid week so im left with the kids alot of the time and so i have feels of resentment towards him buit it escalates when im due on to point hwere i feel like i hate him and could tell him to leave. I find myself biting my tongue as i dont know if this is how i really feel.

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 12:12:58

You need a break - full time SAHM-dom is really really hard.

For me, the key was getting bback to work. Is there anyway you could get a part time job? For me, that time away from DS and in adult company was very beneficial. Ironically, I feel I can 'relax' at work, (even when working / concentrating!) when I just didn't feel like that at home with DS. Assuming there are no other relationship issues, don't be too hard on your DH. How do you feel towards him when you are feeling good?

Cadmum Sat 11-Jul-09 12:20:01

I think that you are brilliant for having made the connection. Maybe some Evening Primrose might be beneficial... (I have only recently made a similar link and it does help to know that it is hormonal.)

I agree that you need a break. Not sure if it is practical/possible in your situation.

Does your dh know how you feel?

I have been in a similar state (SAHM/DH away often) for 12 years and it does get better when they are older and more independent.

KerryMumbles Sat 11-Jul-09 12:21:39

me. me. me

it is getting worse as i've gotten older. I am like a demon from hell for a couple of days before i get period.

dizzymare Sat 11-Jul-09 12:24:06

Yes, me today. Right now I'm sat scoffing a box of Tesco brownies, trying hard not to go and boil my own head hmm

mum2samandalex Sat 11-Jul-09 12:31:46

Glad im not alone. Ds 1 starts school in september so hoping to find childcare for ds 2 and a job that will fit in with them both. Need to find out about child tax credits etc. I do feel like im going insane and find myself on here alot think i use it as an escapism sometimes which can be good but also it can be bad.Im too scared to tell dh as right now i feel like telling him to have the kids this weekend and just leave me a,lone

MrsSeanBean Sat 11-Jul-09 12:36:47

Tell him just that! It would do you good/ hopefully make you feel better, and this would in turn do him good.

drinkyourmilk Sat 11-Jul-09 12:37:09

I was diagnosed with PMDD pmdd.factsforhealth.org/

Does this sound familiar?

tiredsville Sat 11-Jul-09 12:57:41

Yes I get those feelings religiously a week before my period i.e hateful, cynical, critical, gosh I could just go on and on....

tiredsville Sat 11-Jul-09 13:08:18

kerrymumbles, you must have permanent PMS coz you is always as you described grin

posiedullardparker Sat 11-Jul-09 13:15:59

I am just starting Evening primrose and starflower oil apsules to see if it helps my moods. Apparently you can get short course anti ds to take the week before you're due on, two friends of mine say they have changed their lives, I am stil bf so can't do it yet.

lovelymumma Sat 11-Jul-09 22:53:20

HI,I sympathise, I take anti depressants but they don't stop me feeling horrendous before a period.I smashed a plate in the sink tonight,been horrible to hubby,had fantasies about abandoning family so they have to cope without me.2 glasses of wine later have apologised to husband.I have 3 girls who are just starting to hit puberty,so my husband is in for a fun ride.Try not to be hard on yourself;the older I get the more I speak to people who are like this.I wish it could be different;but I just find it hard to cope with everything at this time of the month.

saramoon Sun 12-Jul-09 09:49:06

Both my sis and I suffer badly. I have been taking starflower oil for about 3 months and it has improved. Also take zinc and vit c. Agree about the work thing. I work part time and it makes a real difference. Just getting out the house and doing other things. I get incredibly tired too however much i sleep but can't seem to cure this.

nellie12 Sun 12-Jul-09 10:03:53

A lot of this sounds familiar. Also a low ferritin level can cause problems too without being clinically anaemic here

abroadandmisunderstood Sun 12-Jul-09 10:22:40

I could cry right now. Your life is identical to mine in every way, just that to make it worse, if possible, is that I am in a foreign country.

I want to walk out, I can't deal with my 4yo and 17mo as they frustrate me in every way. DH is away so damn much that I don't know how to communicate or show affection to an adult anymore so that come pmt and period time I am almost afraid to open my mouth because I snap.

Am on day two of period, DH has been away during the week the past 1 1/2 months and the last two weekends he has been on stag parties. I am stuck at home with the boys and am at boiling point. I can't wait for bedtime when the kids are asleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now