Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Implementing level 5 pandemic protocols?

(9 Posts)
monkeytrousers Fri 10-Jul-09 16:07:36

Anyone else doing this at work?

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 10-Jul-09 16:52:07

dh says not at his work - or certainly he hasn't seen anything.

What do the protocols entail?

monkeytrousers Fri 10-Jul-09 18:30:49

Just at the moment clearing waiting rooms and removing toys. Asdking people with flu symptoms to ring the surgery and not come in to contain infection.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 10-Jul-09 20:12:45

lol!! those sort of things won't really apply to dhs work.

MaureenMLove Fri 10-Jul-09 20:47:51

It's really, really hard though! I'm one of the first aiders at a secondary school and we are wearing gloves, using anti-bac gel at all times (my hands are knackered!) Taking temps for every unwell kid, cleaning chairs after every visiting child.

However, today, I'd finished dealing with a sick kid and before I had a chance to wash my hands and anti-bac again, someone introducted me someone and I automatically put my hand out and shook his hand!!!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 10-Jul-09 22:46:38

And yet at dds primary school there seems to be no precautions what so ever. It has hit another local school really really hard but at our school.... oblivious it seems.

StopSittingOnTheBabyPlease Fri 10-Jul-09 22:48:26

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't we at level 6? Any level 6 protocols? smile

MrsJamesMartin Fri 10-Jul-09 22:53:11

Its been level 6 for a few weeks now

monkeytrousers Sat 11-Jul-09 11:52:24

oh. need to tell pm grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now