Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Puking. (sorry emetophobes.) Other than the obvious good hygiene are there any precautions to reduce the risk of catching it?

(5 Posts)
sassy Fri 10-Jul-09 10:16:53

dd2 had a bug last night. I am a bit phobic but cope fine when it is the kids. But I really can't get ill myself - we have a big weekend coming up followed by 3 work days it is vital that I can attend.

Obviously we have done all the hygiene things. Lots of handwashing at the time and since, all clean towels and bedding this morning, bleached/dettoxed bathrooms etc. Toothbrushes all separated. Is there anything else I can do/take as a precaution or is it just luck?

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 10-Jul-09 10:26:11

bleach doorhandles and taps often

use rubber gloves to deal with any bodily fluids/handling soiled clothes or linen

use kitchen towel to dry hands rather than hand towels, both in kitchen and bathroom and bag and bin each use

hot hot wash for all towels/linen

no kissing or close contact if you can help it

good luck

sassy Fri 10-Jul-09 10:35:32

<off to bleach door handles and taps>

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 10-Jul-09 10:45:49

good girl

dont forget and use handtowels

<stern>

sassy Fri 10-Jul-09 16:01:17

Hmmm. Gut ache. Feel distinctly off. Shite.

Better to get it over with tonight though - dd is fine now so will be ok in time for sat night which is what I need.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now