Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE still 10 weeks after birth....

(5 Posts)
popsycal Wed 18-May-05 13:48:07

apologies in advance for typing...feeding ds2

had pre eclampsia with ds1 then tablets fir about 6 weeks after....bp gradually came down

with ds2 i was borderline pre eclampsia from about 20 weeks,,,but bp settled to be high end of normal and had spontaneious delivery (was induced with ds1 due to bp). bp shot up during labour and stayed high. got put on tablets. came off them after about 6 weeks....but since then it has been at the low end of the high range

now they wants to do blood tests and send me for an ECG

ds2 is almost 11 weeks and i am exclusively breast feeding and am wondering whether the hormones have anythig to do with it,...

anyone got any experience>

popsycal Wed 18-May-05 14:22:16

bump
no one?

MarsLady Wed 18-May-05 14:29:25

My bp is still very high! My GP said that high blood pressure in pregnancy is an indication that people suffer from high blood pressure and that it's not caused by pregnancy but highlighted.

I'm currently on tabs which I'll stay on for life, though I think I'll try and find alternative things, but will stick to the tablets cos I'm lazy.

I had all the checks and they are nothing to worry about. They are just to check that the bp hasn't affected your other organs.

popsycal Wed 18-May-05 16:31:57

thanks mars lady.....

MarsLady Wed 18-May-05 16:45:02

You're welcome.

The mw at the hospital didn't want to release me as it was through the roof. So I did the mature thing, I put my head under the pillow and I howled. The senior registrar rushed down, said that I would probably relax more at home with the DTs and find it easier to sleep (which I was sadly lacking) and that I had to call 999 if I had any symptons. Did you know that pre-eclampsia can manifest several weeks after giving birth? Me either till he told me. Anyway I was released and hv(spit spit) told me that she wouldn't have released me. Cow! So I told her that it was the Senior Registrar's decision and he probably knew better than her. Hmph!

Anyway, glad to be of help. Maybe someone else will post with additional info for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now