Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

Please help - I am in pain! Constipated - far tmi most likely

(13 Posts)
ICantPoo Thu 09-Jul-09 22:23:27

I have been having difficulty for a couple of days (going, but not enough).

Today though I am in pain. I know I need a decent poo, but it just isn't happening.

I am pregnant and am (most likely irrationally) worrying about what all the straining can be doing for the baby.

I hurt when I try to stand and walk. Feel like I should be able to go, but get there and nothing.

I have been eating and drinking all the right stuff. I'm scared and hurting and just want to poo

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 22:26:21

Lots of orange juice should help, some soft pears also. Straining shouldn't hurt your baby, it's the wrong bits!

ImOverHere Thu 09-Jul-09 22:27:02

Get some lactulose from the chemist tomorrow first thing. Not a laxative, it softens the poo making it easier to go (I took it when I was pregnant and it works).

Don't worry about the baby, I am certain that there is no amount of straining you can do that will hurt it.

For now, try sitting on a hard seat, drinking a v hot cup of sweet tea. Might just get things moving!

hth (I have had trouble on and off for yrs and yrs so know LOADS of rememdies!)

ICantPoo Thu 09-Jul-09 22:28:19

I have movicol in the drawer (also a softener) - any idea if that is safe?

Thanks for the baby reassurance, I am not usually quite that insanely irrational!

Sawyer64 Thu 09-Jul-09 22:30:44

The first line of treatment for Constipation is drinking lots of water.

It works for me,when I do a liqued diet like Cambridge/Lighter life you have to drink 3-4L a day,as soon as I drink 1-2 pints I'm off to the loo several times, and not for a wee!

ICantPoo Thu 09-Jul-09 22:30:47

ooh googled and founda forum post from someone around the same stage as me taking movicol

ICantPoo Thu 09-Jul-09 22:35:00

You lot are lovely btw.

I have been drinking oodles today and yesterday, but am not well so probably needed oodles x2!

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 22:39:10

smile

We do charge by the hour for advice you know.

Ozziegirly Fri 10-Jul-09 05:51:41

LOts of water
Sprinkling on linseeds on cereal
linseed bread
prunes
oilve oil
rhubarb

I would have;

Breakfast - bran flakes with linseed, prunes and yogurt with some stewed apple and rhubarb

lunch - bowl of veg soup with a linseed roll

dinner - chicken and vegetable curry with lentils

2 litres of water

you will poo. smile

I hate being constipated too and so loads of my diet is based round not allowing myself to get bunged up!

whomovedmychocolate Fri 10-Jul-09 07:28:32

While you are shopping for all that high fibre food be sure to buy some loo roll too grin

Joolsiam Fri 10-Jul-09 07:42:35

Activia Bio Yoghurt is good too - I keep a big tub in the fridge (lasts for ages) and just have a couple of tablespoons every day

Cosmosis Fri 10-Jul-09 11:59:25

I find a mug of hot water works far better than just drinking cold water. It also helps ease the tummy pain.

Simples Fri 10-Jul-09 11:59:50

lol at name though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now