Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

What does a heart murmur feel like?

(4 Posts)
Shitemum Thu 09-Jul-09 22:20:49

Every now and then I get a strange sensation round and in my heart like it's vibrating or in a spasm or something. It only lasts a second and by time I take my pulse it feels normal. It doesn't hurt and I don't have any other symptoms.

What could this be and should I be worried?
I have been under a lot of stress recently, on top of my 'normal' high stress level...

FluffyBunnyGoneBad Thu 09-Jul-09 22:33:32

I don't think you can feel a murmour, you can hear it though. It's possibly an arhythmia, I get this, it's caused by an extra beat, then a short gap while it catches up with itself. It's not dangerous, I would go and see the GP though so they can diagnose it.

iloveshoesandbags Thu 09-Jul-09 22:40:40

Definitely getting worth checked out - I have just been diagnosed with long qt syndrome which is a longer spell between the charging part of the heart and it feels like this. An ECG can sometimes pick this up but not always. Mine had to be diagnosed with a genetic blood test - 3 months for results!! any history in the family?
Lots of these are harmless enough but not all.
Don't want to worry you just want to share advice. x

Shitemum Thu 09-Jul-09 22:46:21

Thanks, no family history afaik, I will get it checked out...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now